If this is your first visit to Wrapped Emotions, it would be helpful to read this post first.
Giddiness and the winner from last week.
Life is full of texture...physically and emotionally. I love texture...to touch...to see...physically and emotionally. Scratchy, bumpy, smooth, woven. Texture stimulates sight as well as touch. We identify emotions and life events in terms of texture...a bumpy relationship, woven with love, smooth sailing. Can you name more?
Sometimes taking a photograph of something just doesn't seem like enough. I want to take part of it with me.
This week let's do crayon rubbings. You will need an unwrapped crayon and thin paper such as tracing paper, onion skin paper, or tissue paper and your eyes and finger tips. During the week observe the texture of the world around you while at home, work, shopping, exploring nature, where ever you go. When you see or feel a texture that captures you, take a piece of paper, lay it against or wrap it around the object. With the side of the crayon rub across the surface, leaving a print of what was underneath it. Walls of buildings, manhole covers, tree bark, fabric...be observant...find something that speaks to you...makes you feel something from sight, then touch it.
Rubbings are quick and easy. You physically connect with your subject and take part of it with you. Physically connecting with anything, anyone can be life-altering. What did you experience?
I hope you'll explore lots of texture...physically and emotionally...and mount them in your art journal.
Go feel life. Remember to keep a crayon handy...
~~~
Here are the specifics of weekly participation:
* Leisurely, happily create your project for the week.
* Post a photo or scan of it on your blog any time, any day Tuesday through Sunday with as many or as few words as you choose to accompany it...no words?...no problem...unless the week's prompt calls for words.
* If you so choose, and I love it when you choose, include the WE button in your post. If you choose not to post the button (and I will still love you), please link back to the current week's post at WE within the text of your post. Thank you. Grab the button code.
* Come to Wrapped Emotions and sign Mr. Linky with the direct link to your WE post for the week. Please don't make visitors scroll and search for your week's contribution by merely linking to your homepage.
* After signing Mr. Linky, please also leave a comment on the Mr. Linky post at WE. I will be drawing for the weekly gift from comments.
* Use Mr. Linky to visit the blogs of fellow participants. You have all week to pop in and out to visit. Offer words of observation, sheer delight and when called for, words of support, encouragement or comfort.
* Check back each Monday to see if you won the previous week's gift, which will be chosen by random.org from the comments.
* The weekly WE prompt will be posted each Tuesday.
Questions or comments about this week's prompt...please let me hear from you on this post. Questions about specifics to prep any art/paper surface, mediums, what to have for dinner, anything...just ask. I love it when you talk to me.
*If you have completed your Keep A Crayon Handy project, sign Mr. Linky here.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Keep A Crayon Handy
Posted by
Wil's Wheels
at
11:07 PM












6 comments:
Aaaaaaah. Finally a project that I KNOW I can do! :)
I am so excited about you blog page. I just found it. I love Art and painting and expressing myself. I rarely make the time for it though. I can hardly wait to get started. I will put you button on my blog and post about it. I do have a meme going on right now about honoring women with Cancer if you would like to stop by and read it will be at the top of my blog for the month of Oct.
I also write for The Old School house magazine on the web. (If you don't know its a homeschooling magazine) On Mondays I write the craft corner. I will be sure on Monday to send everyone your way.
Thanks for this wonderful idea.
God Bless
Nikki @ Angels of Heart
Ok, I admit it, I'm addicted to these projects. The creative juices are flowing.
Ahh. This post makes me happy. I'm going to try this. And tomorrow will be the perfect day to start! I better remember to pack my crayons and paper.
Sorry I missed last week, Melody. I hope to get back to it this week!
All this productivity is wearing me out, and that's just from an observational viewpoint rather than an actually 'doing' perspective.
Cheers
Post a Comment