If this is your first visit to Wrapped Emotions, this post will tell you more.
In the early morning I sit by candlelight; a Christmas village aglow behind me; a Christmas tree twinkling to my left; a silence surrounding me. Thinking of the people who bless my life and of the blessings my family has received, I make a vow to slow down and be fully in every moment of this Christmas season. Not simply a catalyst or a bystander or a tired, grumpy woman, but to be completely aware of the gift of every moment I live. I want to feel Christmas with the wonder of children, sprinkled with the wisdom of maturity.
During this holiday season this is what I wish for you. Whether you observe Christmas, Hanukkah, another religious holiday or simply the beauty and goodwill of the season, slow down and be fully in every moment. Perhaps in doing so, the vow will carry over into the New Year; perhaps you'll learn to do less and feel more. Let's try. For the remaining weeks of December this is your prompt.
More specifically, do not plan any special project for Wrapped Emotions. No one needs one more project this time of year. Simply experience and enjoy your life this season and post to your blog as you will. Each week choose your favorite post or photo and link the URL on Mr. Linky ~ The Gift Of Every Moment here at Wrapped Emotions. I'll put up a new Mr. Linky each week (Week One, Two, Three and Four). We'll then visit one another and spread the love.
Wishing for you many beautiful moments this season.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
The Gift Of Every Moment
Posted by
Wil's Wheels
at
10:41 AM
Labels: bloggy friends, photography, wrapped emotions, writing












11 comments:
I love this idea!
I also intend to catch up on my missed WE projects, it just might be after the holiday. :)
This is a great idea Melody (as usual). I think how you determine you want to approach everything in life makes all the difference. I came to that realization recently. If you let things bother you...they will. I vow not to stress out this season!
So, I left Slurping Life wondering what your vow was. I didn't hover my mouse over "will you join me" but I'm assuming now that that was a link to here ! ha ha. When I started reading this post it all made sense !! Mornings ! Brain doesn't work properly !!
I love this idea. Slowing down. I for sure could do with some ( a lot ) of that !
This is a lovely idea. One that I am all for.
Definately in this month.
Wonderful idea. What a gifted and blessed woman you are.
You have just inspired me! I needed this push. Thank you!
We don't do much extra stuff around the holidays. We just replace the normal stuff with holiday stuff, I suppose. It's a nice time of year.
Love this idea! The hard part will be choosing those favorite moments to share... I plan on having many : )
I love this idea, I plan on savoring the little things, and working to make the big things always worth savoring! (I'm hungry now...LOL)
What a good idea--the decision making part is gonna be challenging for me, too!
~~
Glad you finally found a moment this week, Melody. I was praying that you would. I finally found mine too : )
Post a Comment